Egg-Avocado Sandwich with Spicy Mayo
Makes 4 sandwiches
4 English muffins, split and toasted (or 8 slices bread, toasted)
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
½ cup arugula
1 Hass avocado, halved and sliced 4 red radishes, thinly sliced
½ tablespoon unsalted butter
4 large eggs
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Without fail, if we make an egg sandwich at home, we are piling on the Sriracha. One day we decided we needed an upgrade, and this spicy mayo was born. We love this sandwich on an English muffin, but it’s equally delicious on gluten-free or sprouted-grain bread if you’re looking for a more nutritious alternative.
- Arrange the toasted muffins cut side up on a work surface.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and Sriracha. Slather the cut sides of the muffins with the mayo mixture.
- Divide the arugula among the bottom halves of the muffins. Arrange the avocado and radish slices on the top half of the muffins.
- In a nonstick skillet or on a griddle, melt the butter over medium heat. Crack the eggs (working in batches if needed) into the skillet, and using the corner of the spatula, break the yolk. Cook, turning once, until the eggs are just set, 2 to
- 3 minutes.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper and transfer to the bottom sides of the muffins. Close the sandwiches and serve.
*Photographed by Aubrie Pick