From Erika Bloom, Pilates Expert and Founder of Erika Bloom Pilates
One of the challenges of fitting a workout into a busy day is finding an easy, effective post-workout beauty routine. Few of us have the luxury of going back home after a workout to shower and prep for our day. Solve this by keeping your skin clean before you sweat, and refreshing yourself with amazing products following your workout. My favorite products can take you from the studio into your day or beautify you for a night out.
This post-workout beauty routine focuses on keeping hair, skin, and body nourished and glowing with non-toxic, all-natural products that will not only make you look gorgeous, but will also improve the quality of your overall health.
1. A hand sanitizer: Starting your beauty routine with clean hands is a must. Washing your hands is ideal, but when in need, having a natural, effective hand sanitizer is great. CleanWell makes a workout bag size that is alcohol free and packed with natural essential oils that combat bad germs. Also try Lulu Organics Hand Purifier that moisturizes with aloe and blasts germs with a mix of organic essential oils.
2. A deodorant: Agent Nateur & Shiva Rose holi(rose) will leave you smelling beautiful with essential oils of sandalwood and rose sans aluminum.
3. A leave-in conditioner: Spraying a post workout messy bun or braid with a great leave-in conditioner before you take it down gives hair just the right mix of shine and texture. InnerSense Sweet Spirit Leave-in Conditioner gives lightweight moisturize and body with natural oils, honey, and fragrant herbs.
4. A dry shampoo: Add a dry shampoo to your roots to give it lift and combat sweat and oil. Rahua Voluminous Dry Shampoo lifts and cleanses from a non-aerosol, easy to tote bottle.
5. A face cleansing wipe: Keep these wipes in your purse or workout bag for easy access, they quickly make you feel refreshed by cleansing and balancing the face. Ursa Major Essential Face Wipes work wonders with aloe, witch hazel, willow bark, and green tea.
6. A toner: Toners prevent breakouts and prep your skin for product. This extra step is worth it to keep skin clear and healthy. Tammy Fender Essential C Tonic anti-oxidant rich green tea and citrus and extracts of bergamot and lemongrass brighten and purify skin.
7. A mist: When you try this product, you’ll realize how necessary it is. I use it to hydrate my face and body while adding another great smell. I also use it to prep my skin for product, and spray it on top of makeup to add glow. Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist enhances moisture and tones with coconut water, hibiscus, rose, and aloe. True Botanicals Renew Nutrient Mist is packed with nutrient rich and antioxidant filled ingredients like kombucha, algae extract, green and white tea. It plumps, hydrates, and repairs skin.
8. A three-in-one face product: Pack a punch with a face cream, sunscreen, and light foundation all in one. Josh Rosebrook Nutrient Day Cream Tinted SPF protect skin while also infusing it with healing ingredients. Leave with beautiful, clear, even skin.
9. A body oil: The skin on our body needs balancing and hydrating just as our face does, especially as we age. Tammy Fender Bulgarian Lavender Body Oil: Create beautiful, soft skin with a blend of nourishing oils. The main essential oil, lavender, creates calm and leaves you smelling gorgeous.
10. An all-natural color pot: Finish by adding polish and glow with one easy, non-toxic cosmetic. Tata Harper Volumizing Lip and Cheek Tint: Touch on natural color and shine to lips, cheeks, and eyes with this all in one beauty powerhouse. RMS Lip2Cheek: Hydrate, protect, and add color with this organic coconut oil based product.