In Ayurveda (India’s 5,000 year-old healing system), spices have long been revered for their health-boosting properties—including their ability to help people maintain a healthy weight. Read below for tips from Dr. Josh Axe on how to add more spices to your diet…
- Spices like turmeric and cinnamon have warming qualities that aid in digestion, heal the gut and support the growth of probiotics—all of which support weight loss. Additionally, these spices are also known anti-inflammatory agents, which also aids in weight loss.
- Try adding a half a teaspoon of cinnamon to your morning smoothie, or mix in a dash of turmeric to your favorite salad dressing.
- Apple cider vinegar is an effective weight loss aid thanks to its ability to curb sugar cravings and help the body to detoxify. It stimulates bowel mobility and lymphatic drainage and, as a result, is one of the key ingredients in my secret detox drink.
- One of my favorite herbs for digestive health is fenugreek, which is known to help with numerous digestive problems like upset stomach, stomach inflammation and constipation.
- Tasty and therapeutic tea options include peppermint and ginger. Most grocery stores sell a variety of digestive tea blends; choose your favorite and keep it on hand for all of your biggest meals.