By now you’ve heard everyone rave about the miracle of coconut oil and its many uses, but at this point the oil-pulling hype is old news. We’re more interested in telling you about the newest potato out there as far as oils are concerned, which is why we’d like to introduce you to avocado oil — the nutrient-rich substance formed by pressing the pulp of avocados, making it full of those healthy fats we know and love. Brimming with antioxidants, this adaptable oil is making a splash in the the health and beauty department. Read below to find out how this new miracle oil can save your skin – literally.
1. Makeup Remover: Pour a small amount of avocado oil onto a cotton pad and use to wipe away eye and face makeup.
2. Moisturizer: Avocado oil tends to absorb more quickly than coconut oil, allowing you to use it as a moisturizer without feeling greasy.
3. Chapped Lips: Rub a small amount of avocado oil on your chapped lips after exfoliation to help heal the cracks.
4. Cracked Dry Feet: Heal cracked feet by massaging avocado oil onto them after exfoliating in the shower.
5. Soften Cuticles: Massage a small amount of avocado oil onto your hands and cuticles.
6. Eye Cream: Dab a small amount of avocado oil underneath your eyes and on your crows-feet to help prevent fine lines.
7. Homemade Face Mask: Mash half of an avocado with 1-2 tablespoons of avocado oil for the ultimate hydrating face mask.
8. Bath Oil: Add ¼ cup avocado oil to your next bath to hydrate your skin.
9. Help Heal Wounds: Some experts say that avocado oil can help facilitate the healing of wounds and burns.
10. Massage: Use avocado oil during your next massage to help hydrate skin and promote collagen production.