Warm weather means wearing light, airy clothing of a more minimal nature, that no doubt show off our gorgeous potato head physiques. It’s time for stylish shorts, skirts, and dresses galore, and that means sporting your derriere the proud potatohead way.
You don’t even need to do a big committal gym run to tighten that tush, you can do it in the comfort of your own apartments people; while watching something like Real Housewives. Ya, you heard us: Real Housewives – the NYC one is frigging great this season. Your tush is an important ass-et so our favorite fitness expert Akin Akman has some quick and easy exercises we can do quickly and seamlessly at home. You’ll literally feel tighter in a mere 10 minutes…could your butt ask for anything more? We think not. Check out our favorite 5 quick butt workouts from our man Akin below (he has an army of Soulcycle followers so you may want to listen up)…
1. Side Lunge with Towel Drag:Place a towel under one heel flat on the ground on a non-carpeted surface. Slide the leg on the towel out into a squat with the knee bent while keeping the non-towel foot straight and on the ground. Make sure your lunging knee doesn’t pass your toe and that both feet are flat on the ground and pointing forward the entire time. When you can’t sit any lower, slide the towel foot back towards your other leg, squeezing your inner thighs and glutes to assist you back into standing position. This is one rep. Do 4 sets of 15 on each leg.
2. Skiers: Starting from standing position, jump to the right side into a squat on your right leg with your left leg off the ground and behind you with the knee bent. Keep your hips centered and square without twisting your body to the side. Get as low as possible on your squatting leg as possible without your knees passing your toes. Using your hamstring and calf muscles, jump off the right leg onto your left leg with as much distance and power as possible. Take your time to get as low as possible on each leg before using your explosive power to jump side to side. Keep your back completely straight and chest open while landing lightly on your feet. Do 4 sets of 10 on each leg.
3. Straight Leg Kickbacks: Standing on the ground with feet flat on the ground and shoulder-width apart, raise one leg behind you to the back of the room while keeping it completely straight with pointed toes. Raise it as far as possible to the back while keeping your body in standing position. Lower it back down to standing position. You may keep your hands on your hips or hold onto something in front of you for assisted balance. If you have resistance bands or body weights, feel free to attach them to your lower legs to build more strength. Do 4 sets of 20 on each leg.
4. Plié Squats: Stand with your feet more than shoulder-width apart with your toes pointing outwards. Lower yourself into sitting position with your thighs as parallel to the ground as possible without letting your knees pass your toes. Keep your back straight and chest up while keeping the weight of your body on your heels instead of your toes. Tuck your tailbone under and squeeze your glutes as you come back up. You can hold weights if available to add more resistance. Do 4 sets of 15.
6. Wall Sit: Stand with your back against a sturdy wall and lower down into sitting position with your back straight against the wall and your thighs parallel to the ground. Keeping in mind to not let your knees go past your toes, hold this squatting position for as long as possible for maximum time after each set of all the other exercises.