Okay, we know, foods that are healthy for you make you feel good inside and out. But sometimes, when it’s March – and still freezing, and still snowing – you just need comfort foods that may not be best for your health but will coat your bones and make you feel super satisfied (even if it’s just for an hour). We rounded up ten comfort foods from some of our favorite tastemakers that will no doubt make you feel better this week…
2. Buffalo Wings – If Pamela Love threw her dream dinner party, she’d choose to serve buffalo wings to the likes of Frida Kahlo and Neil Young. Sounds like an awesome winter party to us.
3. Pizza – Kelly Kapowski (aka Tiffani Thiessen) always entertains with pizza, and gave us this amazing prosciutto pizza recipe. Josie Maran makes homemade pizza on weeknights. You can’t get through the cold without bread with tomato sauce and cheese melted on top. Let’s be real.
5. Truffle Fries – Truffle Fries are the makings of Derek Blasberg’s last meal…seems like a good week to overdose on them.
6. Rice & Beans – When Rebecca Minkoff splurges, she splurges on Mexican food – most notably rice and beans. Seems like a great way to warm yourself up and eat incessantly.
8. Raw Cookie Dough – Everyone’s talking about the raw food movement, but remember raw cookie dough? Remember licking it out of the bowl? Jane Pratt does. Her ideal food day’s night cap is actually cookie dough…eat up.
10. Cheeseburger – Jaime King and Busy Philipps would hit up Chateau Marmont for a cheeseburger and truffle fries during their ideal food days, Joe Zee would hit up In-n-Out burger, and you can also make this one with an egg on it from the guys at Edi and the Wolf.