You may have reached that time in your coffee career where you’re thinking I’m sick of keurig or to-go coffee, I want to make french press coffee every morning. The art of the brew has always been a very appealing concept, but it can seem a daunting task. That’s why we broke down how to do it in 6 easy steps. Start by buying a French Press, and let us take care of the rest…
1. Grab your French Press and your favorite coffee. You can ask your barista to grind the beans specifically for a French Press.
2. Pour 8 heaping Tablespoons of coffee into the French Press. If you like it very strong, 9 or 10 will do the trick.
3. Fill the French Press with boiling water, leaving about an inch of room at the top. Stir the coffee and water together.
4. Put the top with plunger on top of the French Press, but don’t push down yet. Let it brew for 5 minutes.
5. Push the plunger slowly down to the bottom of the press.
6. Pour and enjoy!
*Photographed by Alli Shepherd