– 1 cup quinoa
– 2 cups butternut squash, diced
– 1 sprig fresh sage
– 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
– 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 2 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded
– 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 1 TBSP shallots, minced
– Juice from 1 lemon
– 3 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar (whichever you prefer)
– 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
– 1/2 cup, toasted walnuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place butternut squash on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, sage sprigs, and thyme sprigs. Bake until squash is fork tender. Discard the sage and thyme.
While squash is cooking, cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Once butternut squash and quinoa are cool, mix together with shredded Brussels sprouts. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, and vinegar. Toss with the quinoa mixture. Garnish salad with toasted walnuts and crumbled goat cheese.