1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granola
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 pint fresh blueberries
1/2 pint fresh raspberries
1/2 pint from blackberries
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Softened butter, for the baking dishes
Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter four 1 1/4 cup (10 ounce) custard cups or ramekins.
2. To make the topping: In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, granola and cinnamon. Add the butter and use your fingertips to rub it into the flour mixture until the topping is combined and crumbly. Set aside.
3. To make the filling: In a large bowl whisk together the granulated sugar and cornstarch. Add the blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, lemon zest and juice, toss gently to coat the berries. Divide the berry mixture evenly among the prepared custard cups. Crumble the topping over the berry mixture.
4. Place the custard cups on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake until the topping is lightly browned and the berry juices are bubbling, about 35 minutes. Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
5. Serve warm, adding a scoop of ice cream to each crumble.
*Photographed by Alli Shepherd