“This recipe is inspired by “Grandad” Wiedemann, and developed by Impatient Foodie and Haven’s Kitchen. It’s also best served with a dollop of Greek yogurt!” – Elettra Wiedemann
1 (4 ounce) package zweiback toast
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
3 1/4 cups of ricotta
1/2 can of organic pumpkin purée
1 cup of white sugar
1 pinch of salt
4 Tablespoons all purpose flour
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175° C)
2. Crush zweiback into crumbs (some chunks about the size of a pea are OK)
3. In a medium bowl, combine the zweiback crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter.
4. Mix well and press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, cream the ricotta cheese and 1 1/4 cup sugar until smooth. Add in pumpkin purée and mix well.
6. Beat in eggs one at a time.
7. Beat in flour and salt.
8. Mix in cream and vanilla well.
9. Pour batter into crust and bake in preheated oven for up to 1 hour. In a convention oven, cooking time will be less (probably about 35-40 mins). The center of the pie should feel solid to the touch. Cool completely/refrigerate before removing from the pan.
*Photographed by Alli Shepherd