You know that line from Mean Girls where the ‘Super Jumbo Tampon’ girl says, “I saw Cady Heron wearing army pants and flip flops, so I bought army pants and flip flops.” Well, we feel very much the same about Vogue’s Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour…and we’re sure some of you do too. In a very special Conde Nast video, Wintour answered 73 quick fire questions, simultaneously making us question…well…all of our life choices. Here are ten life changes we’re making based on Anna’s answers…
1. Anna never takes selfies so we’re never taking selfless…We’re just wondering if taking photos of our food counts. Has anyone see Anna do that? Anyone?
2. Anna never wears black head-to-toe so we’ll never wear black head to toe…unless we’re doing an Audrey Hepburn bicycle reenactment a la Kim Kardashian.
3. Anna never drinks so…We’ll come back to this one.
4. Anna wants people in fashion to stop using the word journey so we’re never using the word journey…we’ve also stricken any evidence of the noun from the TNP archives.
5. Anna rarely carries a bag so we’re rarely carrying a bag…we’re just trying to wrap our heads around the whole where-to-hold-our-belongings thing, but we’ll figure it out.
6. Anna hates horoscopes so we hate horoscopes…1/2 of TNP is just wondering – on behalf of her friend not herself – if this rule includes those horoscope love match sites? If so, how is this friend of hers supposed to make educated decisions in dating?
7. Anna hates broccoli so we hate broccoli…and are pinging this particular point to our Mom who always made us eat our broccoli as kids.
8. Anna has a flip phone so we’re going to get flip phones…where do you get flip phones?
9. Anna wishes she’d written War and Peace, so we’re going to try reading War and Peace…
10. Anna doesn’t have regrets so we don’t have regrets…We’re just wondering if she doesn’t have regrets because she’s never made a mistake or because even though she’s made mistakes there’s no point in regretting them…We’ll go with the latter…for our own sakes…
– Laura Kosann