We’re on the LA jet set this week, and decided to stop by Whole Foods to stock up on some airplane snacks. Though we do love a good KIND bar, we decided to take a tip this time from some of our tastemakers instead. Turns out, so many are snacking pros, and we picked 10 favorites for both travel or just a 4pm pick-me-up at your desk…
1. Rumi Neely loves any roasted seaweed product, goji berries and almonds, and of course a carrot/orange/ginger juice. Imagine this eclectic selection covering your desk.
2. Eva Chen, EIC of Lucky, believes in B.Y.O.S – bring your own snacks. Are there any other kind? Her favorites include wasabi-dusted rice crackers, dried mango and fruit leathers.
3. On set, Cougartown star Busy Philipps loves the Turkey roll-ups. Lettuce rolled around turkey, rolled around a slice of cucumber and avocado with mustard to dip. TNP tip: we think sriracha would do the dip trick as well.
4. The adorable designer and TV personality Whitney Port, gets her fix with coconut chunks from Whole Foods, trail mix packs from Trader Joe’s, or juices.
6. Suits actress Meghan Markle does a crudités and hummus plate, sliced apples with almond butter sprinkled with sea salt or an apple Larabar. We love the Peanut Butter & Jelly Larabar (ingredients are peanuts, dried cherries and sea salt).
7. Bellamy Young, the First Lady on Scandal, loves raw almonds, red grapes, and some dark chocolate. We recommend freezing those red grapes.
8. Instyle’s EIC Ariel Foxman does Coke Zero, Haribo Gummi Peaches, cashews, and a banana…not necessarily in that order.
9. Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi’s go-to is a Granny Smith apple sliced and slathered with peanut butter.
10. Ty Pennington – designer slash carpenter – needs his protein fix on site, and gets it from peanuts or peanut-butter filled pretzels. Do we have a protein-fix excuse whilst sitting at our desk?