1. Bring salted water to boil. Once boiling, add 1 box of whole wheat spaghetti.
2. Mix lean ground turkey in a bowl with olive oil, chopped onions, garlic, salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. (Add some chili flakes if you like a little spice).
3. Heat a large sauté pan with olive oil (and a little butter if you’d like). Once hot, place turkey mixture in and stir consistently – so that the turkey continues to come apart – until very lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium.
4. Pour 1 24oz jar of tomato sauce (We like Rao’s Marinara Sauce)* over the turkey mixture and reduce heat to low-medium. Cover the pan. Let simmer on low for 30-40 minutes.
5. Drain the pasta and put back in the pot. Pour the turkey mixture over the pasta and stir together well.
6. Place in individual bowls and grate some fresh parmesan over the top. Serve!
*If you’re a rock star, feel free to make homemade tomato sauce.
*It’s also good to have some greens with this (or with any dinner for that matter), so try it with a side of steamed spinach, or one of these recipes.